Monday, August 6, 2012

10 months to go!






I love my family!

I got the written letter to Friday...so...we'll continue!

For the missionary it was a slow-ish day, but...so is the mission! We went to the office, as is customary for Fridays, and were able to do a few errands then it was time to get back and go to work.  In reality, nothing too extremely negative or positive.  I know it isn't usually like me to leave something on anything close to a neutral note.  I should make some dramatic statement to classify the day as super good or super bad.  

Saturday we studied, went to the baptisms of some other Elders then to the house of Elvia, the 82 year old who got baptized whose house got burned down to start building it up again.  Step by step.  My camera was out of batteries this time but I'll get pictures taken and send you the final product.  We were able to do a few visits with our beloved Zuniga family.  Again, it was a slow proseliting day.  

Sunday was an interesting day.  We got permission from Presidente to leave the mission boundaries to go with Mario and Jacky to have lunch at Mario's house.  It was a great lasagna lunch. Wow.  Here is something exciting to tell you.  We learned that Mario, currently 42 is an ex-future-terrorist.  He went to a training camp in El Salvador many years ago hosted by the Lithuanians.  Whoa. That is cool.  By the time Sunday night got around we were feeling pretty tired and a little bit sad about not having too many new people to teach.  But I am happy to have a new week to begin and give it another shot.  I know that the Lord will bless us.

One of the cool things that I've been able to do in this area is confirm people members of the church and yesterday I ordained Mauricio to be a priest in the Aaronic Priesthood.  

The church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ as it professes to be.  

Thanks for all that you do for me!

pics - whiteboard, going to study at the church, package, hamburger, eating at denny's

G-pa sent me a package.  

LOVE YOU!!

Elder Clay











No comments:

Post a Comment