Saturday, May 18, 2013

Time going too quickly


I love my family, día 711, Week 102, 

Time goes and goes whether we like it or not. 
This week we did divisiones twice, had a baptismal service last night and a meeting with Presidente, breakfast with Bishop Torres and family this morning and lots more.  

Next week is my last round of Zone Conferences and my last trip to the South.  The week after is the last Leadership Consejo (ZL Consejo) and the last trip outside the city.  The week after is my last full normal - ish week in our area.  The week after I'll be with you.  Part of my likes being busy and occupied and the other part doesn't! The busier that I am the faster the time goes. 

I am surprised at how easy it's been to stay focused.  While I think about home more and more often my desires to work and be obeident haven't changed at all.  The mission is 24 months and especially as Assistant I need to be an example to the other missionaries.  Presidente helps a lot.  He doesn't bother us like the members and investigators and other missionaries about almost going home.  We don't talk too much about that.  

The Lord is blessing us as we try hard.  I know that what I am doing is His work.  

I am so grateful for the love and support that you give to me as a family.  I know that this is the true church and that I have been called to preach the gospel.  I am trying to get as far as I can in the Book of Mormon marking all of the times that the name of Christ appears before I leave.  I'll have to continue at home because time is going a little to fast for me and my limited formal study time.  

One of the biggest challenges that I've had this week has been coming up with my Zone Conference class.  I feel like I need to fit my 23 months in the mission into 20 minutes.  I want the missionaries to have successful missions.  I want them to be happy.  I know how they can do it! 

What Dad said is true.  Everything next to the phone (or Skype) call is pale.  

I love and miss y'all

Elder Clay

see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment